Area 5 Frame


Area 5 skeleton pretty much done. At least the first draft is anyway. Don’t touch the red tiles. Hot lava. This level is the inside of a volcano by the way. Pretty rough route to the surface for the player. There’s something about the last level of a game where lava just seems like it has to be there. I think the first final level I remember playing was World 8 in Mario 3. The music and the fire everywhere created about as much dread as I could handle as a kid. I’ve been thinking of trying to get a sneak preview of the final area before you are ready or powered up enough to handle it. That’s a great feature in many games. Get a look ahead at what you will eventually be having to face. Whether it’s an early run in with a big boss, or just a brief passageway through the final area, I always enjoy that sense of foreboding.  Yeah I’m gonna do it. It’ll be sweet.

Comments